04 Oct 2017 |
- Bosch plans to move into first series production in Indian market after 2018
- Bosch India will provide the end-to-end electrified solutions adapted to the Indian market
- Bosch offers wide range of comprehensive solutions for two-wheelers
- Bosch Limited will increase the regional competence for electrified solutions
- Bosch Asia Pacific board member: “India a great incubator for an electric future”
Bengaluru – Over 40 Indian cities are home to more than a million residents. With mobility requirements at its greatest in urban sprawls, Bosch foresees electrification as a future growth area in India. The company is ready to offer its portfolio of electrified solutions for the local market. “Small-vehicle segments will drive the transition to mass electrification, as urban dwellers seek a simple and affordable alternative to conventional standards,” stated Mr. Peter Tyroller, member of the board of management of the Bosch Group responsible for Asia Pacific. The company’s range of electrified solutions aims to address India’s individual mobility requirements. Despite the focus on electromobility as a long-term alternative, internal combustion engines will still play a major role in the near future – the powertrain of the future will be a mix of electromobility and combustion engines.